There is considerable controversy these days on whether a treadmill or an elliptical trainer burns more calories. Treadmills and ellipticals are the #1 and #2 most popular selling fitness equipment. Many dedicated treadmill users are switching to elliptical trainers. The appeal is the low impact, upper and lower body workout.
· Elliptical and treadmill or both equipment that enhances your exercise and let you lose unwanted fat the smartest way. These both equipment are available in any gym you could visit. You may be more comfortable in treadmill and less in elliptical or vice versa. The best thing of using these advanced exercising tools is you can monitor your speed, your heart rate, …
· For instance, a 30-minute workout on an elliptical machine burns approximately 330-335 calories for a 150-155-pounder. On the other hand, setting up a pace of 9-10 minute mile for around 30 minutes on a treadmill lets you sweat out around 370-375 calories. The quicker you are within a particular timeframe, the more you burn.
According to a study done by the Medical College of Wisconsin, an individual burns 705 to 866 calories while jogging on a treadmill, depending on the individual, speed and incline. In comparison, according to Health Status, one hour of work on an elliptical will burn 773 calories.
· The key element to remember is the faster you move, the more calories you burn. HealthStatus reports that a 195-pound person burns about 755 calories in 45 minutes on an elliptical trainer. The caloric burn you experience on the treadmill depends on whether you walk or run. A person of the same weight burns about 342 calories walking at 4 mph …
· Often the goal of a cardio workout is to burn as many calories as possible in the shortest amount of time. If you compare running on a treadmill to the elliptical, the calories burned are comparable, but running outside may burn a few more calories than compared with an elliptical trainer.
· Calorie Burning . You might expect that a treadmill would burn significantly more calories than an elliptical machine, but that isn’t necessarily the case. One study showed that when letting users self-select settings, the results of energy expenditure were fairly similar.
· elliptical (at a good pace) is better at burning calories than walking or jogging on the treadmill, but nothing beats running and running on a treadmill will burn more than the elliptical end of the day its more important what you prefer and what you can stick to
· If you run for 30 minutes (at a pace of 10 minutes per mile) you can burn roughly 270 calories. A forty-five minute run burns 405 calories, and an hour run can burn up to 540 calories. The calories burned walking on a treadmill for 30 minutes will vary based on your weight and the speed and intensity of your walking.