· It takes only a few minutes to tighten the belt on a NordicTrack treadmill, but doing so can greatly prolong the life of your machine. Two-Adjustment Bolt Style. Look at the rear roller of the treadmill to determine whether it is a two-adjustment bolt style. If there is a head that takes an Allen wrench, it is a two-adjustment bolt style.
· How to adjust belt tension on NordicTrack treadmill? Nordictrack treadmills can vary in model style. While the model used shown here may not look exactly like your machine, the procedure demonstrated here is very similar. Allen wrench. Unplug the treadmill from the power outlet before working by or around any electrical components.
If you need to align the belt to the left, “loosen” the left side bolt (turn the bolt counter clockwise in 1/4 turns only). This will move the treadmill belt to the left.Anytime you need to either tighten the belt or align the belt, you should have the treadmill running at around 3.0 mph.
· Tighten the treadmill belt. After you have finished with the lubricant, tighten the treadmill belt up again. Alternate sides when tightening to help create an even distribution of pressure. Walk slowly on your treadmill. With this step, you will be accomplishing two things—checking the belt tightness and spreading the lubricant.
· Tighten the rear roller only if the belt does not slide on the front roller. Gently adjust both screws (right and left) clockwise and check for proper belt tension. Do not overtighten the belt as it may damage the treadmill belt, and the bearings will wear too quickly. If the belt still slips, repeat the above step.
· How to Tighten Your Treadmill Belt. But how to tighten a treadmill belt to avoid potential injuries? Most of the treadmills come with a pair of tension bolts at the rear and front of the deck. On the sides of the roller, look for the bolts. Allen wrench quarter turn is also included with some treadmills.
· Guideline to tighten your belt. Disconnect the power cord and take out the safety key. Then use a 6 mm Allen Key, lock the idler roller bolt 12 turns. Make sure all sides are equally tightened. Operate the treadmill for five min at 16 km/hr (10 miles/hr) after plugging in the charging cable and inserting the safety key.
· How to Fix a Treadmill Belt That is folded: In 7 Easy Steps. STEP 1 – IDENTIFY THE PROBLEM SIDE. Step 2 – Remove the Motor Cover. Step 3 – Find the Rear Roller Bolts. Step 4 – Adjust the Rollers. Step 5 – Remove the Roller. Step 6 – Check the Tracking. Step 7 – Reassemble the Treadmill.