· How to adjust belt tension on NordicTrack treadmill? Nordictrack treadmills can vary in model style. While the model used shown here may not look exactly like your machine, the procedure demonstrated here is very similar. Allen wrench. Unplug the treadmill from the power outlet before working by or around any electrical components.
If you need to align the belt to the left, “loosen” the left side bolt (turn the bolt counter clockwise in 1/4 turns only). This will move the treadmill belt to the left.Anytime you need to either tighten the belt or align the belt, you should have the treadmill running at around 3.0 mph.
· Tighten the treadmill belt. After you have finished with the lubricant, tighten the treadmill belt up again. Alternate sides when tightening to help create an even distribution of pressure. Walk slowly on your treadmill. With this step, you will be accomplishing two things—checking the belt tightness and spreading the lubricant.
· Power off and unplug your treadmill. use the wrench to turn the left side tension bold, in a clockwise direction. Half a turn can pull the rear roller, and increases the belt tension a little. Place the same hex wrench on the belt’s right tension bold. Make the same number of turns as you did with the left bolt.
· How to Tighten Your Treadmill Belt. But how to tighten a treadmill belt to avoid potential injuries? Most of the treadmills come with a pair of tension bolts at the rear and front of the deck. On the sides of the roller, look for the bolts. Allen wrench quarter turn is also included with some treadmills.
· To tighten the treadmill belt you need to come to the back end of your treadmill. You should take into account that treadmills are often sold with a wrench for them. If yours doesn’t have its own wrench, an Allen wrench of some particular size can be suitable.
· Guideline to tighten your belt. Disconnect the power cord and take out the safety key. Then use a 6 mm Allen Key, lock the idler roller bolt 12 turns. Make sure all sides are equally tightened. Operate the treadmill for five min at 16 km/hr (10 miles/hr) after plugging in the charging cable and inserting the safety key.
· Turn off the treadmill and unplug it from the wall. Find the belt adjustment bolt at the base of your treadmill. The bolt will typically be located towards the rear of the treadmill deck. To find the exact location for your particular treadmill model, refer to your owner’s manual. Use an Allen wrench to loosen the belt if the alignment is off.
· Which side the belt slips to will determine how you make the fix. On almost all treadmills, including machines from Horizon, ProForm and Smooth Fitness, you can re-center the belt by tightening the roller bolt on the side the belt is slipping toward, or loosening the roller bolt on the side the belt is sliding away from.