· Place the lubrication tube as close to the treadmill deck’s center as possible. Then, slowly move the applicator from the center of the treadmill belt to the edge of the belt. Apply lubricant to the sides of the treadmill deck, being careful not to get any on the floor. Using a towel, wipe away any extra lubrication.
· The basic rule is that you should be able to touch the deck surface, under the walking belt, and feel the lubrication on the deck. Can I use WD40 on my treadmill? If you want to lubricate your treadmill, do not use household oils or lubricants. The parts on the treadmill can degrade if they are exposed to these products.
To collect drips of lubricant that fall from the treadmill, place a towel beneath it. Before applying the grease, clean and dry the drive belt and deck surface of your treadmill. Place the lubricant on the underside of the belt in the middle. There’s a hole in the center of the waistband, which you may lift up to get access to the elastic.
While kneeling beside your treadmill deck, use one hand to hold the treadmill belt up and away from the treadmill base just enough so you can use your other hand to reach the lubrication underneath. Starting about 1 foot from the motor cover, begin applying 1⁄2 of your lubricant bottle in a long “S” pattern about 4-6” from one edge.
Treadmill lubrication also helps to prepare a machine for storage. Preventing treadmill belt breakdown is also less costly in case of buying a new treadmill belt. While very good quality treadmills expect practically zero support, less expensive treadmills require incidental grease to continue running easily.
· How to lube treadmill deck/belt. I use silicone based lubricant directly from the treadmill manufacturer. My treadmill is a Sole F85, but the process is the same for most treadmills.Note: When lubricating the treadmill belt, make sure the treadmill is located on a surface that can be easily cleaned. After treadmill lubrication, clean any excess …
· Cross to the opposite side of the deck and repeat lube the belt with another ½ ounce or 15 milliliters of treadmill belt lubricant. if you are using a 10 milliliters children’s oral syringe you may need to spray 1 ½ syringe-fulls to each side of the belt.
· Power on the treadmill, set it to the slowest speed (“0.6” – “1.25” miles/hour) and then, let it run. After the machine is hot, step on the silicone-coated area so that the oil spreads evenly under the running mat. Maintain the same pace and continue to …
Lubricating your treadmill belt every six months or 150 miles can keep vital treadmill parts — including the deck, belt, motor and motor controller — from prematurely wearing out. It can also help your treadmill run more quietly and reduce friction between the belt and the treadmill deck.
· The most important lubrication action concerns the running belt, which in fact is the most important and extended moving part of the treadmill.Correct and constant lubrication is essential to make the belt run better and reduce friction with the frame. In this way the engine will not be subjected to excessive and harmful strain over time, as it would cause wear of the …