· Below, we are sharing our tips and instructions on how to center, align and tension your running belt. First, make sure your machine and the surface the machine is on are level. If the surface is not level, try moving to a level spot on the floor, or think about purchasing a treadmill mat to help with this issue.
· If you need to align the belt to the left, “loosen” the left side bolt (turn the bolt to the left in 1/4 turns only). This will move the belt to the left. Question: Is there a recommended speed to test the treadmill at? Answer: Yes, as mentioned above, try it with the treadmill operating at a 3.0 speed. Also, be aware that adjustments can …
· Look under the treadmill belt as well to examine the seam of the belt. It should be even across the width of the belt if it is properly centered. Turn off the treadmill and unplug it from the wall. Find the belt adjustment bolt at the base of your treadmill. The bolt will typically be located towards the rear of the treadmill deck.
· The Risk with A Loose Treadmill Belt. A loose treadmill walking belt can be dangerous. It is more likely to slip and get caught under your feet while running or walking on it. Slipping When Running or Walking of a crooked walking belt. If it is a loose belt, you could easily fall off the treadmill belt slipping while running or walking on it.
Step 1. Lower the end of the treadmill’s walking deck to the lowest incline setting. Step onto the walking belt and hold onto the handrails. Push off on the walking belt and begin running on the treadmill. Continue until the walking belt gains momentum, then dismount the treadmill and stand at the rear of the walking deck.
· Apply to the centre, down and up all over the sides of the belt. Continue rotating the belt so that the silicone lubricant can touch all the corners of the belt. If you are through run your treadmill at a low speed of about 3 minutes, applying the silicone lubricant all …
· You should position yourself in the center of the running belt. Get focused on running in a straight line, being aware of a tendency to drift to either side and correcting as necessary. Position yourself at the front of the treadmill where you can easily see the readouts on the monitor while maintaining an upright posture.
· Move your hand under the treadmill belt at the end closest to the motor. Slide your hand between the deck and the belt, separating the two. Slide in the tube of lube as close to the center of the belt as possible. Using gentle pressure, move the tube to apply lubricant from the center to the edge, all the way along the belt.
· Which side the belt slips to will determine how you make the fix. On almost all treadmills, including machines from Horizon, ProForm and Smooth Fitness, you can re-center the belt by tightening the roller bolt on the side the belt is slipping toward, or loosening the roller bolt on the side the belt is sliding away from.
· Read Here: Top 10 Best Treadmills Under $1000. 4. Cleaning the Belt. Your treadmill belt is the part of your treadmill that will get the dirtiest and will need to be kept clean at all times. An excellent hack for this is to take a cloth …