· Properly Lubricating your treadmill belt is the number one maintenance item that everyone should do on a regular basis. It will not only keep your treadmill running in peak condition but will also extend the life of your equipment and prevent the need for other repairs. However, if you have neglected to lubricate and maintain your treadmill you may notice …
· Step Four: Apply the Treadmill lubricate on Deck. When you are applying the lubricant, pay attention to the viscosity of the fluid coming out. If it’s too heavy, then you should mop up any extra as it will make the belt too greasy to slip and it could be risky to use. Also, wipe up any spray that gets on the sides of the machine while you work.
Insert the lube tube as near to the center of the buckle as possible. When applying lubricant from the middle to the edge, apply some pressure all along the belt. In this step, you’ll use approximately 1/2 ounce of lube. Repeat these steps for the other side of the belt as well. Turn the electricity back on.
· Apply lubricant to the sides of the treadmill deck, being careful not to get any on the floor. Using a towel, wipe away any extra lubrication. Apply rubbing alcohol to your cleaning rag or sponge for the finest results. This will absorb any excess lubricant more effectively. Step 4 : Repeat steps 1-3 on the opposite side of the belt. Step 5 :
· Use a clean cloth to wipe off any dust underneath the treadmill’s mat. Use one hand to lift the running mat. With the other hand, apply silicone oil evenly in two long lines on both sides of the running mat. This whole process will use about 30 ml of 100% silicone oil (60 ml in the first lubricating of a new machine).
· Unlike the previous one, the Toorx lubricant spray is designed exclusively for use on the treadmill . It is based on silicone oil, and is capable of uniformly lubricating the surface of the running belt, ensuring to reduce wear and reduce the noise due to rubbing during the run. Toorx – Lubricant spray for treadmills. Quick and easy to assemble.
· Use the screwdriver to loosen the bolts towards the end of the treadmill deck (both sides) as it makes it easy to apply the lubricant underneath the treadmill belt. 4. Spray the Lubricant Oil. Now it’s time to slightly lift the treadmill belt and apply/spray the lubricant oil/gel underneath the deck. Also, use the spare napkins to wipe-off …
· Rub it in a little but don’t work it into the belt too much as it will dry the lubricant. Repeat on the other side. Put back together and turn on. Let the machine run for about 5 minutes on a slow setting to spread the lubricant around. Walk on …
Proper belt lubrication will help keep you treadmill in optimum condition and reduce needed repairs over time. We recommend you lubricate your treadmill once every three month using one ounce of lube per each application.
More frequent lubrication may be needed in warm environments because the oil is likely to evaporate faster. Herein, can I use WD 40 on my treadmill? Avoid using household oils and lubricants such as WD-40, silicone spray or oil to lubricate your treadmill. These products contain petroleum distillates that can deteriorate parts on the treadmill.